Porte coulissante en verre givré, blanc cassé est évalué
Rated 3 de
These doors are not white - they are beige
Love these doors! They are substantial and heavy and the frosted glass gives the room a high end look. A definite upgrade from typical bi-fold closet doors or mirror doors. The reason I gave these doors an average rating is simply because they are not white - they are beige. I have bright white trim throughout my house and the beige does not work with that at all. Fortunately my sister likes them and is buying them from me, otherwise I would be returning them. I ended up buying them again in the espresso color for my closets (a little more expensive than the "white"), which is a nice contrast to the bright white trim and compliments my oil rubbed bronze door hardware and light fixtures. Just FYI to anyone who needs white.
Date de publication: 2016-03-19
Rated 5 de
Gorgeous doors. Heavy doors with a clean, modern look that I specifically requested to have my contractor install with my remodel. These do come in the off-white color, but the contractor's crew painted, sanded and painted these again to get the white needed to go with the new white baseboards. Now, I plan to order more of them to use in another bedroom and to get some that can be used where I currently have a set of double sliders that come together (instead of overlapping) that lead into the den.
Date de publication: 2017-02-01
Rated 3 de
Looks nice once installed, but quality concerns
Once the door is installed, it looks pretty nice. However, there are a few things to watch out for.
The most important thing to note is that the wood screws that come with the product are awful. Three out of the first five screws I screwed into the door snapped in half while tightening. After chiseling away the protruding bits of the broken screws I was able to install the rollers slightly askew from the recommended location -- luckily this was on the back door so it's not very noticeable, and it doesn't affect operation. I had no problem with different wood screws -- just save yourself the headache and use your own from the very beginning.
A few more things to note:
- The door is MDF with what seems to be a pretty soft finish, so I'm not sure how it'll hold up over time.
- The color is just slightly off white. It isn't going to match your white baseboards exactly, but it's not so far off that it looks bad.
- While there is no bottom track, there's a small guide that needs to be drilled into your floor right in the center where the two doors meet. The guide consists of a plastic and a metal piece that fit together. It seems to be a one-size-fits-all for several different models of door and there are no instructions, so you'll have to use trial-and-error to determine the correct assembly for this particular door.
- This is a nitpick, but there are stickers on the door that will not peel off cleanly -- you'll probably have to use a razor or sticker removal chemical. Just a little annoyance, it wouldn't have been hard for them to use the static type stickers.
- You will most likely need a tool that can cut the top metal track (the length is actually a little wider than 60").
Note: My Value rating of "Fair" is based on regular, non-sale price of the product.
Date de publication: 2014-06-24
Rated 5 de
Beautiful Closet Doors
I ordered two sets of these closet doors online on Lowe’s website and I was lucky I got them on a discounted price. It took a while to get them (approximately almost a month wait). But I tell you, it’s definitely worth the wait. We picked it up from our Lowe’s store and man they were really heavy! I was worried when I was opening the package if there would be shattered or broken pieces but it was packaged well that it protected the doors. My significant other was looking for a handy man to install it but I told him not to, because I think I can do it myself and all I need help with, would be the carrying and lifting. Long story short, he let me install it and if not for problems that we encountered during installation, e.g. 2” short from the floor and obstruction from the back because of the old casing, installing a 2”x3” wood to add length, stripping screw heads and removing and so on and so forth. The installation of these doors were pretty easy for the most part. For a new DIYer like me, I pretty much did it myself. I loved the way it looks before and after installation and it really gives a high quality look in our home. Even with an off white color, to me, I don’t mind it being different color from the trim because it really makes the room beautiful and I can see pass that problem. I definitely recommend these doors to my friends and they’re buying it as well!
Date de publication: 2018-06-12
Rated 1 de
YOU CANNOT PAINT THIS PRODUCT
Off white is more tan than white, and you cannot paint this door! No paint or primer will stick. Buyer Beware
Date de publication: 2018-01-22