Paint the Checkerboard Floor
We had basic dark brown wooden patio tiles left behind by the previous tenant. Although we liked the function of them, I wasn’t crazy about the look. So, I used some deck paint to give them a makeover. Here are the steps to achieve this project:
- Wash down your deck tiles with warm, soapy water.
- Lightly sand your wooden tiles with a sander.
- Select two colours from SICO’s line and have them mixed into SICO Latex Paint and Primer exterior paint in satin finish. For this project, we used SICO colours Pale Birch and Fine Faience.
- Paint row by row, alternating colours with good quality brushes.
- Wait the drying time specified on the paint can, and apply a second coat.
- Allow to dry fully before moving anything onto the patio, and protect your paint job by adding felt pads to your furniture legs.
(Project cost approx. $150)