How to choose eco-responsible paint
Do you know?
Choose water-based paint
Choose natural paint
Use VOC-free paint
Read labels carefully or select products with ECOLOGO® or GREENGUARD® certified products, which emit fewer VOCs and have a lesser impact on the environment.
Do you know?
Eco-responsible suggestions for painting projects
In addition to choosing eco-responsible paint, here are some tips you can follow to ensure that the whole painting project is as eco-friendly as possible.
- Before you buy your paint, calculate how much you need to avoid wasting resources.
- Never pour your paint and varnish leftovers down the drain or into the garbage. Besides the recycling and recovery centres set up in many municipalities, RONA offers a used paint recovery service in some provinces as well.
- Choose quality products that will help you reduce waste. The opacity and covering power of the paint have an effect on the quantity you will use: the better it covers, the less you need.
- To get the most out of your paint, use high-quality brushes and rollers.
- Before washing brushes, use a scraper to remove as much paint as possible. If your project takes several days, just wrap your brushes in a plastic bag to avoid having to wash them after each use.
- Seal the paint cans well and store them upside down to keep the seal tight.