Determining your needs
Before you buy or build a shed, decide how much space you need according to the items you’ll be storing in it.
- Make a list of all the objects you want to store every season.
- Try to anticipate possible future needs. Will you be buying new bikes, a table saw, a bigger BBQ next year?
- Make room for every object and tool.
- If you already have a shed, make a scale drawing so you can plan specially designated areas for each group of items.
- Keep in mind that the lawn mower and outdoor furniture will be stored on the ground.
- Be sure to leave enough space to move around easily and be able to transfer certain itaems from one area to another.