Epoxy flooring coatings
- Offered in a wide variety of finishes, colours, and flakes can also be added in order to resemble other materials
- Epoxy paint is durable
- Withstands aggressive chemicals & heavy traffic
- Certain products come with stain- or slip-resistant properties
- The epoxy finish is considered a more permanent material
- Epoxy can be touched up easily.
It is recommended that the concrete flooring is repaired, cleaned, and degreased before applying the epoxy finish.
- It cures in 24-48 hours
- Epoxy coatings can be applied by the homeowner or by a contractor.
Concrete flooring paints
- Paint is the least expensive coating applicable for the garage flooring.
- More suitable for underneath a workspace as opposed to underneath the vehicles
- The painted flooring needs to be repainted every year or every two years.
The paint can be applied in an afternoon. Prepare the floor by thoroughly cleaning the surface and repairing cracks.
Concrete flooring stain
- Stained concrete is durable, allows the concrete texture to remain visible, and adds a decorative touch
- While the value of the home may not specifically elevate, perhaps the image of the garage flooring could help to give the space a warmth and cleanliness that a simple poured concrete floor lacks
- Concrete stain improves the aesthetics of the garage. Stain is a cost-effective improvement.
The garage flooring would need to be prepared in the same way as for an epoxy coating application.