- Type of soil: texture, structure, drainage, PH levels, etc.
- Weather conditions of the planting site: wind, severity of winter, etc.
- Functional utility of the plant: windbreaking, noise protection, shade, highlighting the layout, etc.
- Dimension and shape of the plant at maturity
- Sunlight and water necessary for the plant’s survival
- Plant resistance to insects, diseases and various issues such as salt and de-icing
- Nearby elements: Electrical wires, house, road, neighbor’s lawn, already established plants, etc.