Repair Broken Boards
- 1.1 - Inspect your deck to get an idea of its condition.
- 1.2 - Find where the joints are for every damaged or broken board that needs to be replaced.
- 1.3 - Unscrew each screw to remove the damaged boards.
- 1.4 - Tip to save money: if part of the plank is still in good condition, you can simply cut away the damaged portion. Then, measure and cut a 2 x 4 to make an assembly support for the remaining and new sections. You can remove some planks to have a better idea of how to reinforce this part of your deck.
- 1.5 - If the entire board is broken or damaged, remove it and cut a new one to replace it. Ensure the support is sound and solid before laying down the new board.
- 1.6 - Place the new board and securely screw it to the deck.