Check the wood structure
- 1.1 - Examine the support structure, such as the pillars, rim joists, and intermediate joists and ensure that everything is in good repair.
- 1.2 - Check for rot in wood that is in contact with the ground. Repair or replace damaged pieces where necessary.
- 1.3 - Ensure that the joists are sound.
- 1.4 - Replace any decking that is moldy or damaged boards if necessary.
- 1.5 - Check that all railings are solid and repair if necessary.
- 1.6 - Be sure that all bolts, nails and screws are tight. Replace loose or proud nails with screws.