The following steps are intended to accompany the Planning Guide. Print out the PDF document so you can note all the necessary measurements and information.
Before you get started, go to your local municipal offices to ascertain:
- If there are any existing regulations governing the installation of irrigation systems.
- If a building permit is required.
- What kind of backflow preventer is recommended.
- If the installation project requires a professional.
- Contact all utility companies (gas, electricity, telephone, cable) in your area to find out if there are any buried wires or cables on your property.