Install a clothesline
- 1.1 - Determine the location of the clothesline, from the house to the edge of your property. Ideally, this is an open area with maximum exposure to wind and sun.
- 1.2 - Measure the distance and double for the length of clothesline required.
- 1.3 - Choose the type of post and foundation you want.
- Treated wood: 6" × 6" and 16' long in a concrete foundation
- Galvanized steel: 3 ½" or 4" in diameter and 16' long in a concrete foundation
- 16-ft steel clothesline post with an auger system to install directly in the ground.