How to Easily Build a Home Office
I always wanted a home office to help minimize my distractions and increase my productivity. However, when designing my basement, I was left with a small odd-shaped room with a nook. Inspired by a multitude of online pictures of home offices, I realized that this room was only missing additional storage to become a great office. I came up with this simple design using the sleek-looking Eklipse collection onyx cabinets.
Installing the cabinets on the wall
- 2.1 - Remove the cabinets from the cardboard boxes and screw the adjustable feet to the bottom of the cabinets.
- 2.2 - Place the cabinets in the desired location and level them using the adjustable feet.
- 2.3 - Mark the location of studs using your stud finder. You can use a wood shim against the wall if necessary. Secure your cabinet to the studs using the wood screws.
Installing the desk countertop
- 3.1 - Measure and cut the finishing panels to any exposed cabinet sides. Secure the panels with 1 ⅛" pan head screws. Scribing may be necessary depending on how straight the wall is.
- 3.2 - Install the desired pull-drawer hardware.
- 3.3 - Measure and cut the toe kick, secure to the bracket provided with the cabinet. Install the countertop.