Make a copper candlestick
Measure and cut the copper pipe
- Use the permanent marker to indicate measurements on the pipe and cut pieces using the tubing cutter:
- 4 x 2 ¼’’ pieces
- 3 x 8’’ pieces
- 2 x 2 ¾’’ pieces
- 1 x ¾’’ piece
Assemble without glue
- 3.1 - Start by assembling the pipe pieces with different elbows and other fittings without using glue.
- 3.2 - Once you are satisfied with how it looks, disassemble the candlestick.
Glue the parts together
- 4.1 - Glue the interior of one of the caps by spreading a small amount of epoxy glue (carefully read instructions on the glue’s packaging before starting) on the inside using a popsicle stick.
- 4.2 - Insert the copper pipe.
- 4.3 - If necessary, clean off excess glue with mineral spirits or fondue fuel.
- 4.4 - Repeat the steps above until you have completed the candlestick.
- 4.5 - Let the glue dry for 24 hours.