Timberwall 3/8-in x 4-in Barnwood Heritage Brown Appearance Boards is rated
Rated 5 out of
makes for a beautiful feature wall
love it even thinking of ordering more to do my bedroom.....
Date published: 2018-10-04
Rated 3 out of
Easy enough... but not that easy either
1. It looks great!
2. So it peels and sticks. The boards aren’t all strait amd require additional finishing nails in many boards to get them to stay on the wall.
3. I cut it using a jigsaw from the back side. And trimmed them as needed.
4. Cutting around sockets will require longer screws to reattach them.
5. The rest is pretty easy... but again... more work than any video let on.
Date published: 2019-04-07
Rated 4 out of
Requires finishing nails
I bought and installed the Timber-wall wood. It looks absolutely great! But there are some things that are not well explained that I had to figure out.
1. You’ll need to buy finishing nails. Almost all the corners need to be fixed on the wall with finishing nails. I did it with a hammer, depending on the size of the wall you are doing, you may want to rent a nail gun. But I had a small wall so not a big deal. Weeks after the install some boards that weren’t nailed in started lifting.m, so good thing I had my hammer handy.
2. I don’t think you can to this with an exacta knife like the videos indicate, you’ll split the wood unevenly and do kind of a bad job. You need at least a jigsaw to make the cuts around sockets and the last upper portion of you’re wall. I had to trim the top row (last row) precisely on both side, keeping the glue strip for affixing my last boards.
3. Have a plan on your layout. You should look at what others have done and choose what will look best on your wall. I chose an even cut. I like the results.
Finally, I’m glad I did it. Wouldn’t change my product or mind, but the company should review it’s stick tape it adds to the back if it’s boards to ensure a better fastening or at least tell you to add finishing nails as a matter of course.
Date published: 2019-04-17
Rated 1 out of
Beautiful colour but poor quality
I purchased this product because it was the nicest white barn board that I could find. I still love the colour and am very happy with it but the product quality is very poor and certainly not acceptable for the price.
Boards in the same package are not the same width. The width of a single board tapers from one end to the other and the boards cup very badly which leaves ledges when you install it. I have attached photos.
Date published: 2019-05-23