Monarch Home Bar - Cappuccino - 60-in is rated
Rated 5 out of
worth the price
This is a awesome opportunity to build a wine cabinet, even though I don't drink. But it looks amazing. Plus the wine bottles are filling up the gaps. Thanks again plus the instructions was very well done.
Date published: 2020-10-27
Rated 1 out of
Cabinet Bar - Junk
This review is for the Monarch Specialties Rectangle Cabinet Bar, many of the reviews below are for something else.
This product is poor quality, especially at this price point. If I could I'd give it zero stars. This was supposed to be a special gift for my husband, but I'm so embarrassed at the quality I bought him something else last minute.
It took me around 4-5 hours to put together (plus 24 hours to wood glue a leg that split up the side). The composite material this is made of is more like cardboard than wood. The entire piece wobbles at the slightest touch. I give it less than a year before the whole thing just crumbles. Do yourself a favor and buy a different bar (Ikea's products have to be better than this junk).
That said, if you do decide to purchase this, I have a couple of notes:
1. Use a drill to tighten all screws
2. Attach the left side legs AFTER you attach the inner shelving/drawer unit. You'll need two other people to help if you do as the instructions say and put it in last.
3. You'll need a 3" tall flat head screw driver to to attach the top shelves in the cabinet thing and the top of the unit.
4. Have wood glue and clamps on hand in the likely chance pieces break.
5. Seriously, buy a different product.
Date published: 2020-12-29