LG French-Door Refrigerator - 18 cu. ft. - Stainless is rated
Rated 5 out of
Very quiet, efficient, roomy
- Double the capacity but the same KWH/year rating as my old fridge. I think it's more efficient as my electricity consumption has gone down after getting this.
- Did I say it is very quiet? The variable capacity compressor is barely audible when running at low capacity. You can hear it after opening the door when the fridge tries to cool back down, but it's still a lot quieter than the average fridge.
- Two freezer doors means less "cold" escapes when I open it.
- There is no light in the bottom freezer drawer. Only the top drawer has a light.
- Only the top shelf is adjustable, and there are only two levels to choose from. All the other shelves are non-adjustable. More adjustments would be easy (and cost nothing) to include by molding more rails on the inside of the fridge. Are you listening LG?
- Expensive (but the energy efficiency and quietness is well worth the cost)
Date published: 2020-04-25