Interested in making more eco-conscious choices but need some help to begin?
For New Year's resolutions that will have an impact, consider some environmentally friendly changes at home. We have created a resolution generator that can help you begin taking small but important steps to a more eco-friendly lifestyle.
Every time a light bulb is out, I'll use an ENERGY STAR® LED without a doubt.
- They consume 90% less energy compared to incandescent bulbs.
- They will also last 15 times as long.
- Take advantage of our recycling program, which kept 96,168 kg of light bulbs and fluorescent tube lights out of the landfill in 2019.
- The recycled materials are used to make industrial components, as well as new light bulbs.
When the winter cold comes knocking, I'll keep it out with weatherstripping and caulking.
- About 25% of a home's winter energy losses are caused by air infiltration.
- Do not paint over your weatherstripping, as this may damage its elasticity and efficiency.
- Seal window frames with caulking to cut down on air infiltration.
- Only use caulks with the strict industry-standard SCAQMD seal to ensure that they are low in volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
If I want to repaint my rooms, I'll avoid the VOC fumes.
- The volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in paint can lower your indoor air quality and negatively impact your health.
- Many brands offer paint lines low in VOCs.
- The best guarantee for low-VOC paint are GREENSEAL or GREENGUARD certified products.
- Recycled paint is growing in popularity, and it is even less expensive than traditional paint.
- The production of recycled paint and stains uses less energy than the production of traditional paint.
- In 2019, our recycling program ensured that 2,720,207 kg of paint did not end up in the landfill.
- Once recycled, old paint is used to produce new paint as well as paint additives
When it's time for my old appliances to go, I'll choose ENERGY STAR®-certified products like a pro.
- Help the planet by using 30% less water and as much as 12% less energy.
- Chill out with savings of up to 10% on your energy bill.
- Clean up your act by using 30% less water and saving 25% on energy costs.
- Dry out your clothes, not our natural resources, by using up to 20% less energy.
At the end of the day when I rest my head, I lower the heat before I go to bed.
Ecological products are easily recognizable
The ECO label will help you to identify them at a glance.
Navigate through the thematics
- 02weatherstripping & Caulking