Phone: (289) 320-8250
1238 Dominion Road
Fort Erie, Ontario, L2A 1H7
A deck or patio is far from complete unless there is patio furniture or, at the very least, a patio coffee table to hold drink glasses, plates or food trays. Quick and easy to build, this table offers a stable, solid surface that will last for years. This useful table, built from treated wood and then painted, measures 67 7/8" long by 26 ½" wide and 13" high.
Not only is it functional but an outdoor table can create a unique atmosphere to the outdoor space. It can be built from a variety of materials depending on the size and look that one wants to achieve. A pressure-treated lumber is inexpensive, long-lasting and can be stained to match the home or patio.
If using raw, treated lumber:
• Heed warnings about using it for a food service area. Once sealed with stain or paint this threat will not be as urgent.
• Use galvanized hardware and not aluminum as aluminum can corrode when next to the chemicals in wood treatment.
• Use a wood treatment to seal the cut ends of the boards.
• Treated boards should be lightly-sanded or pressure-washed beforehand to open the pores and let the satin or paint in or let the coffee table weather for a month or two.
For other types of wood:
• Stain boards before assembly to prevent warping and moss and mould in the cracks,
• Use a pressure washer to clean the wood and let dry thoroughly. This will open the pores in the wood to let the stain or paint in.
For a level table top:
• Lay the boards on a flat surface before assembly to make sure that the grain on the board alternates between up and down. This will help the top stay flat for the life of the table.
2.1. Assemble the long sides D at both ends of short sides E with screws.
2.2. Insert one 12" cross braces (F) into this frame at each ends. They should be flush with the top edges of the base. Screw in place.
2.3. Centre one 12" cross braces (F) into this frame. Screw in place.
The addition of a fence can be either necessary or purely decorative. There’s noLearn more
A deck or patio is far from complete unless there is patio furniture or, at theLearn more
© RONA 2017, All Rights Reserved